Monday, September 5, 2011

4.9 hours

Sunday the 27th had THE most perfect flying weather that we've had in awhile. Blue skies and not a cloud in sight. Just a little bit of wind, which turned into a lot once I got into the air. The plane was bucking all over the place, but was still easy (haha relatively) to control. Sunglasses came in handy today. MUCH too bright outside.

Realized the night before while thinking about my flight, that I forgot a number of things on the pre-flight last time. Yay for me remembering on my own; boo for the instructor not pointing them out to me at the time.

Had a larger seat cushion this time and was able to see even better! Sometimes a little too well. Saw so much of the horizon and the ground below that I kept thinking that we were descending when we weren't.

So I taxiied again, but she insisted on having her feet on the pedals as well. She took off again and landed. I was supposed to use the radio today, but she did it again. I was supposed to fill out the weight and balance sheet before the flight. We forgot to grab it on the way out and she said to forget it because we needed to hurry up and fly.

Still no landing or taking off. Practiced stalls again. It was really clear, but REALLY windy. (And so I've been told that the really clear days are really windy days)

Stalls were good. My instructor says that I need to memorize the maneuvers backwards and forwards. I'm picking up on them alittle, but still need to work harder on them. Need more chair flying, I think.

She was supposed to let me on the radios this time, but she said it was too busy. :(

Although I'm going through my checklists faster and faster because I know where everything is now, so that's good at least. Wish she'd let me do more stuff...  But the flight was good this time. No where near as bad as the worst time; a little closer to my best flight ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment