Thursday, March 15, 2012

1ST CIVIL AIR PATROL MEETING!!! SQUEE!!

I feel like a kid on their very first day of school: excited with a touch of nervous butterflies! :)

My first Civil Air Patrol meeting is tonight. I haven't joined yet officially; they recommend that you attend a few meetings first to see what they are all about. I've been waiting for this day allll week and fortunately, it has gone by quickly. I called the guy in charge on Monday during my lunch break and began playing music from Top Gun after I spoke to him!  I'll let you guys know how it goes after.

In other news, hopefully my troubles with the previous flight school will come to a close. Obi-Won wrote back and said he just wanted to talk to me - in person. Pffft, no way. If I'm not coming down there for a "free" flight, then why would I come down there to just talk? No way. He always reminded me of a used car salesman when things weren't so bad. No way in hell.

I wrote back, being as nice as possible. I thanked him for responding, and thanked him for trying to meet with me. However, I said that I was firm in my decision to leave and would like my letter stating I wasn't responsible for the window. No surprise - no answer. So I wrote back to the woman in the head office, who responded to me last week. She said to contact her again if this didn't get resolved by late this week, so here we are. Next step: reporting them to the Consumer center. I'm not a mean person and I hate conflict, so I don't like resorting to things like this. I just wish they'd be more business-like and we wouldn't have gotten this deep in the first place. Makes me a little sad, actually.

Gotta say that I have some reservations about finding a new school, like what if I have to go through all of this again? How do I notice this sooner so I DON'T get this far in? I've had the answer all along and I knew this school wasn't good all along, as well. Just need to trust my intituion more. It is hard though to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. It really reminds me of relationships - you've been hurt, you fear you are going to get hurt/let down AGAIN, and are hesitant to step forward so you won't have to deal with that ever again. But I guess that lends into the whole 'fear conquering' thing - you can't let fear hold you where you are. You just need to trust yourself enough to know you WILL recognize the signs sooner and are strong/couragous enough to walk away to try again, if ever does happen again. Doesn't make it any easier though.

Ah well... enough thought towards that flight school. I need to focus my energy on being excited about tonight!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment