Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back to Square One

I'm doing a bit better today. Ended up going over to a closer airport to check out a flight school with a friend on Sunday. One down, two more to go. I'm so very tired and can't believe I am back right where I started.

This school had 152's, 172's and Cirrusis (Cirrusi?). Figured pretty much that once I moved away from my last school that I would have to transition to Cessna's. They are more universal, and plus, if I ever buy a plane, it will most likely be a Cessna (unless I build my own!). Also, if I fly with the Civil Air Patrol, they fly Cessnas. It's good and it'll be a challenge - getting to learn how to fly another plane! Imagine how many planes I can add to my record!

I'm trying to be positive. I had to wait a bit before completing this lastest post as the events from the other school were still weighing upon me and I feel let down. And to top it all off, Sunday was an absolute beautiful day and a perfect day for flying. I didn't want all of that to seep into my writing. Just wanted to get rid of this feeling as soon as possible and move on.

I saw a great post on my facebook. It had nothing at all to do with flying, but still spoke to me all the same:

"Whenever you feel down, alone or unable to face a situation that you are in right now, let me tell you, that it’s totally fine. It is okay not to be okay all the time. It is okay to be on the ground, to cry and to hate everything. But it is only okay as long as you get back up again. Take your time to get all of your emotions out, but always keep in mind that the moment you’re in won’t last forever. Just don’t give up. Life isn’t about being strong all the time, but about the ability to become strong again after a defeat or bad experience. It’s about not losing hope in life and first and foremost – in yourself. So, don’t give up. Life is worth to be lived."

No comments:

Post a Comment