Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flight school bravo-sierra... I mean "update"

Now the school is pretending they don't know what I'm talking about. I wrote the woman in the office (who seemed nice and actually responded to my requests) on Thursday, requested that I wanted a letter and my $25 back that they overcharged me. I also asked if we could clear up everything by the afternoon today.

She writes back at 4pm, doesn't even mention the letter and says she doesn't know what the problem is because they credited my account for the money I was overcharged.

They credited my account with THEM $25, which is pointless because I won't ever be flying with them again EVER. I sincerely doubt I will ever see that money again and I guess I should be thankful its $25 and not $250. But considering they overcharged me in the first place, then the right thing to do would to refund it. But then again, we've all seen how they run a business, so.... Yeah, not holding my breath.

But the letter I DO want. Especially considering now that I've seen how they run a business. I don't trust them. Period. I don't need them running after me years down the line, asking me for that money. And if they do decide to charge me, then we need to go to small claims court. This is ridiculous. How long has this been going on since the window broke? About a month? Craziness. You know, I saw a review online that said it was run more like a high school environment than a business. I should have listened. How hard is it to type a one-line letter to get me to stop annoying the crap out of you? Gotta be annoying them because it's annoying the hell out of me.

As of today, they have told me to fill out a refund request form and have warned me that I may only get 50% of it back, per their "refund policy". No way - you overcharged me. You need to be adult about it and give it back.

And "no news on the letter" is all they have to say about the letter I keep asking about. I wonder what makes this so difficult? It's just a simple one-line letter, saying "She is not responsible for the window". It's been a month already! What's the big deal? What is it so difficult for them??

My mom used to volunteer for Clark Howard, so I asked her advice. She suggested I contact the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs and hopefully, the flight school will be better about responding to their request. I hate being mean like that... and everyone tells me I'm not being "mean". But I just wish a business would act like a business and be professional about this sort of thing. It could have easily been solved sooner, with a lot less drama & frustration and if they had business-like practices from the start, I might still be there.

Just want to get this out of the way so I can do onto my next school. Second CAP meeting tonight, hopefully (if I'm still feeling well enough - been out of commission the last two days due to pollen). And I still need to update about the first one...

No comments:

Post a Comment