Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dandelion picking!!

So possible flight either tomorrow after work or this weekend!!! (Flight = dandelion picking) Just need to sign off on being able to use the radios and I'M DONE WITH SCANNER TRAINING!!!!!!! WHOOP, WHOOP!!!

I'm soo, soo very excited!! Studying continues to be addictive and all of my activities with CAP just continue to energize me. It has probably been the biggest single resource to help me in this whole journey. And I know I'm a total aviation geek (surprised? haha I am!), but I'm just so excited by all the field trips, uniforms, titles, having a network of piloty people to talk to, mission training, and aviation education.

Tonight we had another "let Heather ask questions" night because there were only 4 seniors there. I quite enjoy these types of meetings. :)  Might actually end up spoiling me. haha Merlin said he liked my questions because they were "interesting" and "cool". Squee! - I'm cool. ...Or at least my questions are. haha

We were talking about Oshkosh and he said one of the funny guys in the videos I was watching gives talks there most years. My eyes went wide and I exclaimed, "REALLY???". Omg... would be soooo very AWESOME to see that... along with everything else. Just found out about some International Aerobatic pilots who will be preforming, as well as Sean D. Tucker, who I saw at my first air show (that I remember) at Dobbins and he's one of my favorite aerobatic pilots EVARRRRR. Annnnd, I got called an "airshow groupie" again, although I think Merlin toned it down to "you are such a fan!". hahaha I'm a total fangirl, especially about aviation. And let's face it, I'm a total groupie, too. I own it. It's okay - nothing to be ashamed about. Not like there's anything wrong with being an air show groupie and aviation fan girl. :P

So I'm babbling at the meeting of how I'm excited about the whole camping portion of Oshkosh as well, and how it'll be just nifty to live in a community of other people who love aviation too for a week!!! And Merlin's saying an iffy-type "Well...", but I ignore it and babble on happily about how I'm going to introduce myself to my neighbors and have even more people of whom to ask questions. Merlin and one of the guys we flew with once give a look like "whiskey tango foxtrot? oh sh!t, she just might be insane..." and Merlin laughs & says, "Well... not all people are as patient as I am". LOL 

And, and, and USS Yorktown trip is 3 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!! I'm rooming with a lady I met during my first CAP meeting and I'm so very, very excited!! haha I think I've said that about 3 times in this entry alone! They say the ship is haunted and there are apparently many, many boats you can tour during the day and many, many museums to scope out. I can't wait!!!

Hrmmm, what else? Cuz I KNOW there's more...  Flying, Yorktown trip, Heather question meeting... Oshkosh... Huh, I think that might be it. I swore there was more...  No studying tonight because I got home, wrote this and I'm a little tired. haha You'd never know it from the hyperness, but I am pretty tired.

Oh, I guess... we had a pizza party tonight at CAP. After the "Heather asks questions" meeting, I went over to have some pizza and got to talk to other people, which is cool. Oh yeah... and Merlin said I could be a 1st Lt. once I passed the written and could teach ground school. *yawwwn* I'm excited about that, I wanted to teach ground school in the first place. It will also help in solidifying all that info into my head.... Ok, I sleepies now... lol I think I just live-blogged an adrenaline crash. Zzzzzz.... planezzzz... hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment