Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"A take off excursion through the weeds"

Best quote ever:

"Staying in the center of the runway is an important key to good take offs. That way you have maximum room on either side to allow for wind gusts, blown tires and so on. It's also embarrassing when you have to pick the dandilions out of your landing gear after a take off excursion through the weeds."

No joke - I just heard this in the training video I was watching and just cracked up! I've listened to it three times already and it never gets less funny. The guy says it so seriously, too, like he's speaking from personal experience!! haha

Anyways... So, yes, more studying tonight. Hopefully finishing up the 7th lesson in the videos!! Although, now that I'm getting closer to the end, I have a sinking suspicion that there are more videos that Merlin didn't give me...

Hoping to do some more work in the textbook tonight, as well. Got a call at work today about the trip to USS Yorktown (squee)! We're leaving 3 wks from Friday at 1745 from Dobbins!!! I can't tell you how excited I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment