Sunday, May 27, 2012

Studying

Just completed 3 more tests for CAP and was studying out of my textbook after I last posted. It just blows me away - I never knew studying could be so addicting!

R2 says I need to update here about my studying, too. If I did that every time I studied, I don't think I'd have time to sleep. ;)

Yesterday, I was doing the second part of FEMA training for a good part of the day. The website said it would take about 3 hours to complete. I got called to school just as I started the first page and had to take a break for lunch after 2 hours. I finally finished 15 minutes before I had to leave to go play laser tag with R2 and Da Vinci. Didn't help that yesterday was absolutely beautiful and it made it harder to stay inside and work on this stuff. So a little longer than 3 hours... but that's okay - the first part was supposed to take 3 hours also and it took me an hour and a 1/2!

Today, I was answering some questions from my textbook before lunch about the instruments in the plane and airspeeds. I once again had to stop for lunch (grr, pesky lunch getting in the way! hehe) and started working on tests for CAP. There were 3 little 10 question, open book tests. Only one was required for Mission Scanner (that's me!) but the others were important too, especially if I ever work on ground crew. I hadn't planned to take them, but I was having an ADD moment and was wondering what other things I could add to my CAP record. I just went to peek at them to see what it was , thought it looked easy enough, so I thought I'd take the first one. Then I noticed that the first one wasn't actually required for my training, but the second one was. When I finished the second one, I guess tests are like potato chips (you can't just have one) and finished the third.

I'm going to take a break for a bit and maybe clean something. You have no idea how strange that is to me - take a break to clean. This afternoon, I plan to watch more ground school videos and hopefully finish all of the ones in lesson 6 (out of 9). Maybe finish up those questions I was working on in the textbook, too.

Btw, here's the music I play while taking tests and studying. Epic conquering music, FTW!


No comments:

Post a Comment