Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Focus

I just realized I haven't updated in awhile.

No flights lately; Merlin is up in WI this week teaching at the National Flight Academy. Besides, he'd tell me that I needed to concentrate on my book studies anyways - "Air Force Pilots have to know this stuff cold on the ground before they are ever allowed to go in the air" or "I passed my Instrument written before I ever flew in a plane". I get it, really I do. Or at least my mind understands... but my heart and soul do not. I miss flying terribly and wish I could go back to flying every weekend (weather permitting) again. I've mentioned before that I left a piece of my soul up there during my first flight and now I'm just sleepwalking when I'm on the ground, yearning to be reunited with it.

But there's only one way I can accomplish that: Studying. I think about that every time my eyes travel to the sky and I am hypnotized by the wind as it gently blows through the leaves of a tree. I sigh sadly watching the wind, wishing to go flying soon, but I have to shake it off and remind myself to focus on what I need to do.

Speaking of what I need to be doing, what have I been doing?

1) I visited Legoland Atlanta with my Geek Girl friends and bought a kit to build my own (lego) airplane!

No comments:

Post a Comment