Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oshkosh, USS Yorktown and other updates

My Oshkosh t-shirt and hat came in the mail todayyyyyyy!! The package also came with a free airplane calendar! Squee!! Next step, reserving my camping spot.

USS Yorktown - 2 weeks and 1 day from tomorrow!!!!!!!

Anyways - just studying tonight. Had a long day at work, so am too tired to go to ballet. I opened up the folder with my aviation study videos and let me tell you that it was disheartening to see more lessons on there. :( Merlin added more the other day, but I was almost done with what he gave me before, so it was a little sigh-worthy to see 11 more lessons added.

We had some agents come in from China today at work, so it was my job to ride in the bus with them to the airport. Don't have to ask me twice, lol! Actually my boss came to me and said "Heather, would you mind going to the airport..."

"YES!!!!!! Um.... why?"

He laughed, "You are supposed to find out why first and then agree, but I'd like someone to ride with the agents back to the airport just to talk with them". haha Have we met? You say "airport" and I say "YES!!".

Anyways, there weren't many approaches and departures while I was there. Although one giant jet flew over the bus though and was absolutely amazing. Also, at the airport, they had a mini display of old model warbirds. I got an A.D.D. moment and walked off to glance at them (AFTER the agents left. I'm not that bad...). My boss drove down to pick me up to take me back to school and laughed when I started wayward walking towards the models. He said we could stop for a moment to look at them. There was a beautiful model Cosair in there. I wonder what purpose the bend in their wings serves...?

I had a dream a few nights ago that I came upon my older self building an airplane in a garage or a hanger. She let me help her with the plane and was drilling me on things I was learning in my studies as we worked. I remember being disappointed that she wasn't building a biplane.

Merlin also pointed me towards a neat aviation comic, Chicken Wings, which is pretty funny. Let's just say I can relate to some of the things Chuck does... not too many mind you, as he's a hopeless pilot... but just his aviator attitude. In one, Chuck is asking other people at the airport to go with him to Oshkosh. The mechanic says he'll go if Chuck promises to act like an adult. The next frame shows Chuck asking someone else to go. haha That's sooo me! But I mean, really, what's the point of acting like an adult at an air show? That's no fun! Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw once: "No, I never stopped playing with airplanes".

Anyways, need to be off to study! Have to find more things to ask questions about, just in case tomorrow ends up being another "Heather gets to ask questions" night. ;)

Blue skies forever!

P.S. My name was in a CAP newsletter, under a listing of people who have recently passed the Yeager Exam. Dig it!

No comments:

Post a Comment