Thursday, August 16, 2012

1st EAA Meeting

Just got back from my first EAA meeting. It was like visiting the Warbird camp at Oshkosh - ALLLLLL WWII pilots. Made for some interesting stories and one guy spoke about his A-4 training in the war. He was a Marine, so it reminded me of Grampie alittle and I started missing him.

At first, they left me alone for the first part, but after the talk, a few got curious and came over to talk to me. I dunno why I get so nervous at these things. I mean, I know it's intimidating at first, but my shy meter overflows and I can barely say a "meep".

I met the two guys who are building RV-7's and they said I can definitely help them. They all asked about my flight training and once again, get BIG reactions when I tell them what I'm training in. One guy said that it was a very difficult plane to start training in. Yeah, you are telling me... 

Overall, pretty good... but it just made me miss things more. I miss Grampie, I miss Oshkosh.  I even missed CAP a little, which is good, I guess... I'm halfway convinced I'm still gonna take off one of these days. Regardless, I need to start making big changes in my life, starting now.

I'm sleepy after yesterday, but I have 9 pages to read before I knock off for the night. Getting a scratchy throat, so I definitely can't go past 11pm tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Grampie would have been 90 years old on this past Friday. I miss him. I often see him in someone random that I meet. It could be a hand jester, a laugh or smile. His spirit never fails to come when I think or call on him.

    ReplyDelete