Tuesday, September 4, 2012

G1000 Sim Training

This sim is bloody fantastic! I set up a flight plan from KPDK (Peachtree Dekalb) to KOSH. :)   From one favorite airport to another.

After awhile, I get a little bored and start pushing other buttons. In the options, it has a failure checklist to simulate if different systems fail. So I click "engine failure".  The whole screen turns red, alarms start going off and the computer says "WARNING, WARNING!". My dog jumps up from a nap and starts running around the apartment. Poor thing, but it was so funny and I laughed until I nearly fell off the chair!

It looked like she was saying "DEFCON 5, CODE RED!!! Grab my stuffed squirrel and my food and let's GO!!" This apartment's going down!". LOL I turned it off and she flopped down to the floor with a sigh... complete with a glare aimed right at me. "Not funny, human."

I told this story at work today, laughing so hard until I cried. Da Vinci helped me out too and we both laughed and laughed about my flying adventures. Friends are good like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment