Saturday, November 3, 2012

Heavy Pt. 2

Had a chat with one of my pilot buddies before going out tonight. Remember one of the first pilots I flew with in CAP - the one that I suspected had recently gotten into a crash? Yeah, I talked with him. He still calls me "the brave one" after I flew with him that time. He reminds me of an owl for some reason, but "owl" just didn't fit. I'll go with Archimedes (Archie).

He knew what happened with the Commander and asked how I was doing. I told him I was looking to transfer. He also transferred after the first incident with the Commander confronting Merlin about the miscommunication in scheduling. Archie transferred not to another squadron, but to group (which manages over a bunch of squadrons). Seemed all of Merlin's buddies were transferring there. He tentatively offered and never brought it up again. I didn't bring it up because if I wasn't happy at the squadron level, then why would I want to go to the group level?

So he asked where I was transferring and I told him I was going over to PDK. He asked why so far away and I explained how I've heard good things about them. He warned against me flying at PDK because it was so busy of an airport. Please... it was the first one I ever flew out of and it's like my home away from home. I'm happy to be heading back there. I just don't have the same fondness for McCullum.

He told me to come to group with them. I said no and without going into depth, told him that Merlin and I weren't on good terms anymore. He said he found that hard to believe, as he had lunch with him Tuesday and Merlin does nothing but prattle on about me. I said how he had just deleted me from FB today, so I figured it was pretty much over.

Archie explained that was just Merlin's personality and he's been going through a lot lately, so I shouldn't take it personally. I indicated it was childish and he said so was getting mad at someone for deleting you from FB. Point taken.

He asked me to give him another chance because he's the "best" instructor. And as that may be, HE deleted ME. Doesn't matter even if I give him another chance. Although Archie said he'd be able to teach me, however, would prefer if I was able to patch things up with Merlin. He made me promise to come to a group meeting or two and go flying with him (Archie) before I'd join PDK. I told him I was just attending a few meetings first and was actually going to check out two squadrons before I made up my mind.

I just want my flying journal to be about actual flying again instead of all this gobbledygook. I just want to fly, have fun and get my license. No more drama. I got a horrible thought as I began typing this that even though I thought it was over, I don't think Merlin will ever leave me alone. I'm starting to regret ever joining the CAP. The education has been invaluable and I got to experience so many things & different types of planes in such a short time. Unfortunately, humans also got involved. I desperately want the next squadron to be different... but I'm not getting my hopes up. People are people, no matter where you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment