Monday, November 5, 2012

The Private Pilot Practice Exam

I took two more practice tests today on my lunch break at work today. Put the ear buds in, turned the epic conquering music up and went to work with obtaining a passing score of 80% in mind. Each question I answered, I was chanting "80%, 80%, 80%" in my head.

...And the first time I didn't make it. Fell short by a lot actually. Then again, most of the randomized questions were about weather. I've yet to get to weather in my lessons yet.

No problem. Go over wrong answers, print out test. I'm getting this. I'm gonna make it. 80%, 80%, 80%...   Restart epic conquering music. Set back to work again. Answer the questions I'm confident I know first and then go back to re-work the others. Fish around for a post-it note to calculate zulu from one time zone to another. Calculate magnetic heading... when two of the answers were 2 degrees off from one another. Check over answers, change one of them. I know one of them is a trick one, but I don't know the proper answer. Double check again. I'm not so sure... some of those questions are tripping me up. Am I gonna make it this time? I've checked enough times and need to stop second guessing myself. Time to see how I did. I position the mouse over the "Grade!" button and hold my breath... please, please, please, please.

The results come back:   80%!

I did it, I did it, I did it!!! My FIRST 80%!!!! I only have a little bit more to go and I'm almost there!!! First I need to make sure it's a consistent 80% all the time, every time and then go up from there. My boss was even excited for me and looked up the minimum score on the test - 70%. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment