Thursday, November 15, 2012

Slow Moving Cold Fronts

A front is a boundary between two air masses with differing temperatures. The cold front has cold air behind it and warm air in front. A slow moving cold front has a shallower slope than a fast moving cold front, so warm air isn't thrust up as rapidly and as a result, not as violent. Rain and colder weather will remain around longer as the front passes through. It can move so slow that it almost resembles a stationary front.

Uggh, this weather stuff is moving soooooooooooo sloooooooooow. There's so much information that I'm constantly pausing, rewinding, replaying and am up to my eyeballs in notes. The last 6 minute segment I just watched, took me an hour to complete.

Now granted, halfway through my A.D.D. kicked into overdrive and I got bored causing me to wander away for a few or peek on facebook. It's making my brain feel like mush.

I start watching and the lady on the video mentions something or defines some key term. Great, I pause it and write it down. Wait - what did she say again? Rewind, replay, pause, scribble it down. Repeat for the next term given. Now she combines the two terms and relates them together. Wait - what just happened. I pause and rewind so often that I forget what she is talking about and have to go back to watch AGAIN because all the pausing, rewinding and replaying is chopping it up too much.

It gets highly discouraging at this point to look down at the seconds counter and see only 20 seconds of video has passed. lol And then A.D.D. kicks in and I wander off...

I feel the need... the need for SPEED! I loooooooove when things go fast!!! This is c-r-a-w-l-i-n-g by. I'm STILL on Chapter 18 when I shoulda been done by now!!!

I think what I need to do is after I've watched a segment all paused and rewound to pieces is to go back and watch it again a second time without any pauses. Maybe it'll sink in then and I won't feel so held up.... but my brain is rebelling. It says it's tired and it's time for bed. No other warm fronts or cumulus clouds are going to fit in there this evening.

Now what I'm hoping is that it's slow moving while I get all these terms down and figure out what all of them mean. Once we move onto processes and patterns and such, hopefully it'll go MUCH faster because I know all of the basics. I'm hoping, I'm hoping, I'm hoping.

Anyways, my cloud-filled brain and I are off to bed. I think I will join the new CAP group for their SAREX this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment