Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weight & Balance

One thing about being a pilot is learning to trust your intuition. It's vital because it could save your life one day. That's true for life as well. Many lessons I've learned in aviation can also be used in life and vice versa.

Archie contacted Merlin, asking him if I could fly with them tomorrow. Merlin wrote back and said he would always fly with me and still wanted to help me in any way he could. I asked him why he deleted me from FB and he said because all of this CAP stuff has been rough on him, so he needs friends he can count on. I apparently wasn't there for him. Bravo Sierra - you deleted me because of aerobatics. Man up and don't lie. I know because he deleted me right after I made a post about flying aerobatics over Thanksgiving.

I exploded. Where the hell were you for me? I told him how upset I was at him using me during the air show situation two weeks ago. He told me I was wrong. No apology, no "I'm sorry you felt that way, but you misinterpreted my intentions". Just "you inferred things that were wrong". He tried calling me, but I wouldn't answer. So he emails back again, telling me he had to counsel other people about this situation. I exploded again. Dude, you realize that you make EVERY situation worse by dragging other people in, right? I told him that this was between us and I was upset we couldn't keep it between us. He didn't reply, but he's got me playing his game through an email flame war. I told him I was walking away and I meant it. I'm not doing this childish little thing anymore.

I knew he wouldn't leave me alone. He deleted me from FB to get a reaction from me and I fell for it. He tried to add me back by the way, but I didn't accept it. I'm contacting Archie in the morning and telling him I'm sorry, but I can't fly with Merlin. I tried, really I did. I tried TOO many times... We're just too different, or too alike.. I'm not sure which.

The commander who was helping me with my transfer has stepped down. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I have no one in my corner. Merlin normally goes after those that cross him.

In other aviation news, I was watching more videos tonight. It's gotten a lot harder - not the material, just finding motivation to watch them. It's taking longer to go through them and is like trudging through mud. Doesn't matter I guess, only as long as I continue to move forward. One of the lessons tonight was about weight & balance. I laughed, remembering trying to learn about this for the first time and how it seemed so hard. It's absolutely nothing now. I could literally do the calculations in my sleep now. So I'm starting now on chapter 13 out of 20. If I get to a chapter a day this week, I can finish by next Saturday. I'm gonna update you guys on my progress. One thing that I really enjoyed with Merlin was constantly updating him on my progress. It added momentum that way.

And minor milestone - this blog has officially hit 1,000 pageviews! Thank you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment