Monday, November 12, 2012

Under the Weather

I'm on chapter 18 out of the videos. This particular chapter is on weather and as interesting as it is, the information is a little denser and it's been taking me about 30-40 minutes to go through an 8 minute video. As a result of pause to copy down notes and rewind to catch what I've missed.

I never knew you could take temperature and dew point to find out the base of the clouds. That's kind of cool. I honestly didn't quite know what dew point was for before this lesson. haha

"For the water vapor in the air to condense, the air must first cool to the dew point. The temperature at which the air must be cooled in order for the air to become saturated is the dew point." 

I ran a 5k on Saturday and took two naps after. Rolled down a hill to act like a little goober kid and didn't stop to think how that would affect my inner ear problem. Spent all day after recouping. As of tomorrow, I'll have two weeks left of this medication. My stomach has gotten more used to it, but I'm craving a delectable pizza with gooey cheese all over it about now (can't have dairy/calcium right now). And I'd really like to go outside without being afraid to burn (medicine also makes me more sensitive to light).

Above all, I want my ear to get better so I can go flying. Needless to say not only is flying off the radar, but aerobatic flying especially.

My meeting with the new CAP group is tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm excited and quite hopeful about it. Hoping RJ will be there too, but am not sure he will be.

There's going to be a guest speaker in December at Dobbins AFB who trained at Top Gun (Yes, THE Top Gun!!!) and was an F-16. I'm SUPER excited to hear him talk!!!!

Anyways, wish I could say I'd finish up 18 tomorrow night, but as slow as it's going, I'm not sure. But I'm at 18!!! Out of 20!!! And it's taking a bit longer than I'd like... but I'm getting there. Slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment